Important Health Information
Prepared. Experienced. Committed.
Maintaining the health and safety of our residents and staff is always our top priority. 305 West End Assisted Living remains committed to the safety measures that we have put into place which are designed to help protect our residents, their families, and our team members.
The information detailed here may be edited or changed at any time as the COVID-19 situation changes and/or recommendations are updated by local, state, and federal health authorities. Always refer to this page for the most current date and time stamped information.
Last updated: 03/31/2021 16:13EST
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Our COVID-19 vaccination clinics are currently underway for residents and staff at 305 West End Assisted Living. Our community is receiving the vaccine through a contracted pharmacy partner: CVS. The clinic dates and times are set directly by CVS. Dates are subject to change should the administering pharmacy reschedule.
If you are a resident or a potential new resident interested in learning more about receiving the COVID-19 vaccine at our community, please contact us today for more information or for details on clinic dates. We’re so glad to be bringing the COVID-19 vaccine to our residents and staff, and we’re hopeful for a bright future ahead!
Community Safety Protocols & Procedures
We have always been committed to the health and well-being of the residents in our care. The COVID-19 pandemic brought with it a new set of challenges, but our team was at the ready to adapt to new circumstances while still providing a great experience for residents at 305 West End Assisted Living.
Today, we continue to follow all protocols and procedures as directed by the federal, state and local health authorities. In many cases, we’re going above and beyond those guidelines with our own policies. Below you’ll find just some of the ways we’re still working to help protect residents, staff, and their families alike:
- 1. Everyone who lives or works at 305 West End Assisted Living is being monitored daily for signs or symptoms of illness, including temperature checks.
- 2. Masks are a must in all common areas except if you are seated while eating or drinking. We’ve installed Plexiglas dividers on our dining tables as an added precaution.
- 3. Activities and meals are being scheduled with social distancing in mind. Group sizes are being kept small and spaced out, and more meal times have been added to allow for more distance while dining.
- 4. Staff members are being tested weekly for COVID-19, including essential outside healthcare personnel like visiting physicians, home healthcare nurses, physical therapists, lab and x-ray technicians, and private duty aides.
- 5. Staff is adequately supplied with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), hand soap, and hand sanitizers to help reduce the risk of spread.
- 6. We continue to follow infection control guidelines including frequent cleaning of all high touch areas with EPA registered disinfectants. For heightened cleaning purposes, we have an electrostatic sprayer, and we are installing an iWave-R ionization unit to help purify the air.
- 7. Hand sanitizing products are available throughout the communities as a supplement to regular and frequent handwashing.
- 8. We are providing ongoing in-services to keep everyone up-to-date on protocol and best practices, and offer continuous information and education to help everyone stay happy and healthy while at work or at home.
We know how important family is and staying connected with your loved ones is as important as ever. 305 West End Assisted Living is licensed by the New York State Department of Health, which is now allowing visitation.
Visitation is permitted in resident apartments, or in designated common spaces. 305 West End Assisted Living will continue visitation by appointment only, two visitors at a time and for 30 minutes per visit. This will help ensure that we can safely accommodate the needs of our guests, properly monitor the distancing and mask guidelines that are in place, as well as clean the designated common visitation space between visits – which is a requirement of the New York State Department of Health.
You may contact 305 West End Assisted Living directly to set up an appointment. All visitors are subject to a health screening, and must adhere to all safety protocols while on the premises – including wearing a mask at all times.
We are still encouraging everyone to continue to communicate via phone calls, FaceTime, Skype, video chat, text and email. Please contact us if you would like assistance scheduling a virtual session with your loved one – we’re always here to help!
305 West End Assisted Living will continue to closely monitor all guidelines and directives set forth by the federal, state and local health authorities. The staff continues to go above and beyond each day to ensure that our residents continue to experience the finest in senior living.
We’ll update this webpage as more information becomes available or as the mandates evolve over time. We will remain committed to the health and safety of residents, their families as well as our staff. Below you will find some additional tools and resources:
- West End Connections
We have set up a page where family and friends can send a message to staff or residents while we remain socially distant: 305westendassistedliving.com/connections
- Updates from the State
For all of the latest updates from New York State, current information can be found here: coronavirus.health.ny.gov/home