Important Health Information
COVID-19: Precautionary Measures and Procedures
Note: The information detailed below may be edited or changed at any time as the COVID-19 situation changes and/or recommendations are updated by local, state, and federal health authorities. Always refer to this page for the most current date and time stamped information.
Last Update: 11/06/2020 12:41EST
Throughout this time, maintaining the health and safety of our residents and staff has always been our top priority. As we slowly return to our new normal, we continue to take measures to help protect our residents, their families, and our team members. Here are some of the ways we’re working to maintain a healthy environment for our 305 West End family:
FOR OUR RESIDENTS:
- All residents are being monitored daily for signs or symptoms of illness, including daily temperature checks.
- The staff continues to come up with fun and creative ways to stay active and connected while keeping group sizes small, maintaining social distance, and adhering to guidelines.
- We have installed Plexiglas dividers on the tables in our dining room, and scheduled several dining times to reduce group sizes and maintain social distance.
- We have resumed in-house salon services in accordance with local, state and federal requirements relative to hair salons and barbershops as well as the Health Advisory provided by the New York State Department of Health. Please contact the community for details on the status of salon services and specific guidelines.
- Masks are required for assisted living residents while in the presence of others – including when staff enter their apartments for a delivery or wellness check, while traveling through common areas, or when attending a recreational event.
- Personal items like canes, walkers, or wheelchairs are being disinfected daily by staff.
- Staff is adequately supplied with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), hand soap, and hand sanitizers to help reduce the risk of spread.
- We continue to follow infection control guidelines including frequent cleaning of all high touch areas with EPA registered disinfectants.
- Hand sanitizing products are available throughout the community as a supplement to regular and frequent handwashing.
- We continue to provide residents with ongoing education regarding things like cough etiquette, proper handwashing techniques, cleaning of personal items, and social distancing.
FOR THE STAFF:
- Team members are monitored daily for any signs or symptoms of illness, which includes temperature checks.
- Staff are being tested weekly for COVID-19, including essential outside healthcare personnel like visiting physicians, home healthcare nurses, physical therapists, lab and x-ray technicians, and private duty aides.
- Our community is adequately supplied with PPE for the staff, which is inventoried regularly. Face masks are required at all times while inside of the building.
- Staff is supplied with personal hand sanitizers in addition to the sanitizer stations located throughout the community, as a supplement to frequent handwashing.
- High touch areas throughout the community are being cleaned frequently with EPA registered disinfectants.
- We are providing ongoing in-services to keep everyone up-to-date on protocol and best practices, and offer continuous information and education to help everyone stay happy and healthy while at work or at home.
- Staff are respecting social distancing guidelines whenever possible.
FOR FAMILY MEMBERS:
- The New York State Department of Health is allowing limited visitation. In order to permit visitors, the community must have no new confirmed staff or resident COVID-19 cases in the last 14 days, therefore, the visitation schedule is always subject to change. You may contact 305 West End Assisted Living directly to inquire about current visitation status, set up an appointment, and get details on our consent form and visitation guidelines (which can also be viewed here).
- We are still encouraging everyone to continue to communicate via phone calls, FaceTime, Skype, video chat, text and email. Please contact us if you would like assistance scheduling a virtual session with your loved one – we’re always here to help!
AROUND THE COMMUNITY:
- The team continues to frequently clean high touch surfaces with EPA registered disinfectants, and for heightened cleaning purposes, we have an electrostatic sprayer.
- Anyone in the building is required to wear face mask, and assisted living residents are required to do so while in the presence of others.
- We are installing iWave-R ionization units to help purify the air.