Important Health Information
COVID-19: Precautionary Measures and Procedures
Note: The information detailed below may be edited or changed at any time as the COVID-19 situation changes and/or recommendations are updated by local, state, and federal health authorities. Always refer to this page for the most current date and time stamped information.
Last Update: 6/30/2020 10:14EST
Throughout this time, maintaining the health and safety of our residents and staff has always been our top priority. As we slowly return to our new normal, we continue to take measures to help protect our residents, their families, and our team members. Here are some of the ways we’re working to maintain a healthy environment for our 305 West End family:
FOR OUR RESIDENTS:
- All residents are being monitored daily for signs or symptoms of illness, including daily temperature checks.
- Residents are also being tested for COVID-19. Although not mandated, we believe this is an important factor that is beneficial to the well-being of all residents who choose to call 305 West End Assisted Living home.
- The staff continues to provide room service while communal dining is on hold, and we have ordered Plexiglas dividers for the tables to utilize once we can resume meal service in the dining room. We also plan to schedule several dining times to reduce group sizes and maintain social distance, and will continue to provide room service to those who request it.
- Small group activities are being phased in with residents wearing face coverings and maintaining social distancing.
- The staff continues to come up with fun and creative ways to stay active and connected while maintaining social distance and adhering to guidelines – including rolling carts delivering activities and special goodies, and personalized exercise classes.
- Masks are required for assisted living residents while in the presence of others – including when staff enter their apartments for a delivery or wellness check, while traveling through common areas, or if they are in their doorways.
- Personal items like canes, walkers, or wheelchairs are being disinfected daily by staff.
- Staff is adequately supplied with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), hand soap, and hand sanitizers to help reduce the risk of spread.
- We continue to follow infection control guidelines including frequent cleaning of all high touch areas with EPA registered disinfectants.
- Hand sanitizing products are available throughout the community as a supplement to regular and frequent handwashing.
- We continue to provide residents with ongoing education regarding things like cough etiquette, proper handwashing techniques, cleaning of personal items, and social distancing.
FOR THE STAFF:
- Team members are monitored daily for any signs or symptoms of illness, which includes temperature checks.
- Staff are being tested weekly for COVID-19, including essential outside healthcare personnel like visiting physicians, home healthcare nurses, physical therapists, lab and x-ray technicians, and private duty aides.
- Our community is adequately supplied with PPE for the staff, which is inventoried daily. Face masks are required at all times while inside of the buildings.
- Staff is supplied with personal hand sanitizers in addition to the sanitizer stations located throughout the community, as a supplement to frequent handwashing.
- High touch areas throughout the community are being cleaned frequently with EPA registered disinfectants.
- We are providing ongoing in-services to keep everyone up-to-date on protocol and best practices, and offer continuous information and education to help everyone stay happy and healthy while at work or at home.
- Staff are respecting social distancing guidelines whenever possible.
FOR FAMILY MEMBERS:
- The New York State Department of Health is still mandating a “no visitor” policy at this time, with the exception of essential healthcare personnel. While we know that not being able to visit loved ones is not ideal, we all must continue to adhere to the guidelines.
- We are still encouraging everyone to continue to communicate via phone calls, FaceTime, Skype, video chat, text and email. Please contact us if you would like assistance scheduling a virtual session with your loved one – we’re always here to help!
AROUND THE COMMUNITY:
- The team continues to frequently clean high touch surfaces with EPA registered disinfectants, and for heightened cleaning purposes, we have ordered electrostatic sprayers.
- When necessary to utilize the elevators, residents are maintaining a safe distance – no more than two at a time – and face masks are required.
- Anyone in the building is required to wear face mask, and assisted living residents are required to do so while in the presence of others.
- We are installing iWave-R ionization units to help purify the air.
- We have set up a page where family and friends can send a message to staff or residents at our communities while we remain socially distant: 305westendassistedliving.com/connections
- For all of the latest updates from New York State, current information can be found here: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/home